Wednesday, June 14, 2017

What I want to see in the world, part 1: Germany

Besides my home country, I have only visited two countries: Singapore and Indonesia. There are so many other places I want to see one day. Today I write about Germany.

What I know about Germany is that it is cooler than the Philippines, and it is very safe there as there are no typhoons or earthquakes. It also has a long and rich history, and is known for having hundreds of old castles and palaces. Probably the most famous is the Neuschwanstein Castle, which is very beautiful. It is said that this castle was the inspiration for Cinderella's Castle in Disneyland. It would be cool if I can see that one day.

Speaking about Disneyland, there is Europe Park in Germany, which is an amusement park with rides and entertainment. It is the largest one in Germany, and the second most popular theme park in Europe, right after Paris' Disneyland. I am not into rides, but I'd be willing to take a look at the place if I am in Germany.

Berlin is certainly worth a visit. This is the capital of Germany with the famous Brandenburg Gate. The Berlin Zoological Garden looks also nice on pictures and should be part of every Berlin trip.

Berlin is in the eastern, flatter part of Germany, but Germany has also nice mountains with lots of snow. One historical place in the mountains is the Kehlsteinhaus, also known as Eagle's Nest, on an idyllic hiking route. This house was used by the NS regime that started World War 2 in Europe, so it has some historical burden, but nowadays it is a nice hiking excoursion into the nature and mountains of Germany. It looks a bit similar to Sambawan Island here in the Philippines.

All of this is just in my dreams, but who knows, one day it might happen that I go there. So many things to see, and so many countries to visit, it is just money, time, and courage is what we needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment