Monday, January 30, 2017

Miss Universe

Today's the finals in the Miss Universe pageant competition. The world was waiting for this big day to happen, and now the waits is over. I'm excited to know who's going to be the successor of Pia Wurztbach's crown. If you had asked me for my bet, I would have answered Miss Philippines again. But she was only in the top 6. The crown goes to Miss France. Congratulations!

I am proud Pilipina, and I noticed lots of discussions, even bashing been thrown to Miss Maria Mika Maxine Medina. I think this is unfair. Every woman in this competition did represent her country very well, and it would have been very unlikely that Miss Universe would go to the Philippines two years in a row. Of course I'd love her to win for the Philippines, but I think we can be proud of her to be in top 6 among so many competitors.

I think that speaking well in English is not really the way to win the crown. After all, this is Miss Universe, not Miss English. Miss Medina was criticized for not speaking English well, but I think it is not a huge problem, if she can express and say the words right, and speaks a better English than 95% of all netizen who criticize her.

Anyway, congratulations to Miss Iris Mittenaere, the new Miss Universe!

No comments:

Post a Comment