Saturday, January 21, 2017

On top of Marina Bay Sands

Looking back to my first Singapore trip, as I admired this beautiful country as a tourist, of course I didn't leave without visiting the Marina Bay Sands Hotel sky deck. This iconic hotel looks like a ship on three towers, and it is the most famous landmark of Singapore, besides the Merlion statue. You can see both on the picture here (me in front on the water-spitting Merlion and the hotel in the background).

Yes, I came to climb on top of the hotel one night. It is about 200m high and has a swimming pool, restaurants and the sky deck. The swimming pool is only for rich hotel guests, and I cannot afford to stay a night in that hotel or in its expensive restaurants, hence I visited only the sky deck. You have an amazing view from there to the entire city. All the other skyscrapers look so tiny from here. Even the Singapore Flyer, the world's tallest ferris wheel, looked so small from here. I did not ride the Flyer, as I think the view from the skydeck is much better.

Though, while I was on the very top, I felt nervous, because I am always scared of heights. Being 200m above ground gives me a mixed feeling. It isn't even the tallest building here, the UOB Plaza building is about 80m taller, but for me this height is enough. Still, I'll be forever grateful, that once in my life, I had been there.


No comments:

Post a Comment