Monday, February 13, 2017

Tiny River called "Salog"

We have this tiny little river here in our barangay called "Salog" where we wash our laundry. The river can only be used when it is rainy season, otherwise it is too dry. We not only do our laundry there, but also sometimes use the water to shower.

Why using the river? Because it is easier washing clothes there than washing in the backyard. If you go to the river, you don't need to fetch water from the faucet. There is only one faucet in the village, so you would need to carry water long way. At the river, you can wash the clothes without worring about dirty water, because the bubbles will be gone quickly, unlike when you are washing clothes in the tub where you always need to add fresh water over time.

I would do my laundry in the river more often, but the problem is that I don't always have someone with me there. The place is a bit afar from everything, so it is not good to be there alone. So mostly I go when my cousin is around, we go together. Or I go with my auntie to quickly wash some laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment