Wednesday, August 30, 2017

We Harvested Cotton Fruit

Today, I went to the farm with my cousin and brothers. We harvested Santol or Cotton Fruit right from the tree. When I was younger, I was a good tree climber, but today I failed to climb the Santol tree, because it was kind of slippery and there were no holes where I could put my foot in. I ended up sitting at the ground, while waiting for the fruits to fall down.

It was my brother who climbed up the tree. He is now a better climber than myself, so it wasn't difficult for him going to the top. He is used to climb trees very often. I was the one who picked all the fruits that my brother's taking from its branch. My cousin didn't do anything but eat the fruit. We harvested all in one tree. We came home with a huge bag full of Santol in it.  Santol or Cotton Fruit is a very common fruit here in the Philippines. I think everyone eats it. It is kind of sour, but it is very good to pour into salt. That's what I did today.

No comments:

Post a Comment