Monday, May 15, 2017

Hiking to Guinduyan

I got invited by my friends to go hiking to Guinduyan, a place between Nagaja and Ularon. This is part of Hernani, but I haven't been to Guinduyan before. Hence, it was my first time. Guinduyan has a beach and a cove, but it is a bit away from the street, hence you have to hike through nature. I feared rain was coming to make my camera wet, but luckily this did not happen.

It is not easy to go to Guinduyanan at all. You'll have to walk for an hour before you can see the place. Make sure you are wearing jogging pants or jeans to avoid scratches, because there are plenty of sharp grass and bushes and rocks. And bring a hiking gloves, just in case you need to climb. How to find the place: you just simply look for the highest rock, climb on top and look around. You can also take photos there. Guinduyanan itself is actually quite small, but it is surrounded by huge rocks. The middle is what they call Guinduyanan. The cave is the edge part of it.

After we spend some time in Guinduyanan taking photos, we decided to take a different route to walk back. We wanted to see the other side of Guinduyanan. That route was a bit risky, because we had to walk by the side of the rock connected to the cave with the big waves. On that route, we had to jump from rock to rock with the right timing to avoid getting hit by a wave. I had no problem with this, as I am slender and good at climbing, but some of the olders of us needed help. At the end, we all made it. Everyone seemed relieved that no one got hurts. That was a memorable hiking experience for us. Thanks to my new friends who invited me. Most of them are teachers.

The next day after the hike, I started to feel a bit muscle pain in my both legs. It felt like doing squats the whole day in the gym. Hiking keeps you fit. Overall, that was a good experience. Gosh I'm dying to do another adventure!


No comments:

Post a Comment