Thursday, April 20, 2017

Papaya Rice Dinner

I was thinking what we are going to eat for dinner. Sure, we have cooked rice, but we need to add something else. So I asked my cousin whether she likes papayas, which we will cook it with coconut milk. She agreed to my idea, and then we picked four pieces of papayas, we peeled it, washed it, and then we sliced it in small cuts. When we were finished with the papayas, my auntie arrived from her work, and unfortunately told us that we have no coconut for the vegetable.

I thought to myself, how stupid we are, we thought we have coconut for sure. I feared already that the work was for nothing. But my uncle was around so he tried to look for coconut somewhere, and he was successful. He came back with coconut milk. Our dinner went well. I didn't eat lunch, so I ate plenty during dinner. Preparing food makes me always hungry. It was a very simple meal, but it was fun to eat with the crowd. It was a lot of food, and we shared with my dad and brothers who live not in my auntie's house but who came by. Food with coconut don't last more than a day, so it is better eaten all ar once. It would be easier if there was a fridge, but my auntie has none. Anyway, it was a good dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment