Wednesday, September 13, 2017

The Battle of Bands!

Just got home from Tacloban! I am now at the gymnasium to watch "The Battle Of Bands". I found out that there will be 6 groups from different provinces to compete tonight. They are already here. I think some of them are really nervous, while the others are just relaxed while waiting for the show to start.

Tonight the winner will take home 20,000 Pesos as cash prize, the second winner will get 15,000 Pesos, and the one will be 10,000 pesos. There is also a consolation prize worth 5,000 pesos each for the losing participants. Each of the vocalists will get an extra 1000 pesos as well.

The show just started minutes after I arrived here in Hernani. I'm thankful that I'm able to watch all the contestants on the stage. I love to watch live bands!  Tonight is the right time for me to watch 6 groups of bands to perform. I have watched live bands in Tacloban during Fiesta and I know how much fun it is to listen to a band performance.

Okay, the first group is in my own opinion not that good. Their performance is plain, the vocalis's voice is not clear, and the 3 songs they played are rather simple. Maybe there was a problem with the microphone. The second group is called "The Trio Band". This one is really good and people are applauding them a lot while on the stage. Trio means they are 3 in the group and they sing really high and on the right tune. I am also one of those who like this group very much. How I wish they win later, but I must not forget about the other contestants. Maybe there will be another good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment