Sunday, March 20, 2016

Travel suggestion

I'm here to tell you all about a place, a tourist spot in the Philippines that you might like to visit if you decided to travel here to my country. Well this place is not as good as Boracay but I can guarantee you'll love the place if you are an adventurous person.

Inner lake with tiny island viewed from the mountain
The place is called Taal Volcano and is located on the island of Luzon. It is the second most active volcano here in my country with 33 historical eruptions that caused many lives. But don't worry, now the island is safe and there are families living on the Taal Volcano island the last time I visited the island. It is a complex volcano with a lake and an island inside the lake, which again contains a lake and a tiny inner island. Basically an island in a lake in an island in a lake (named lake Taal) in an island (Luzon). Got it? So now I'll tell you what are things that you can do when you visit the Tagaytay area with the lake Taal, which is the outer lake.

First you have take a boat ride on the lake Taal to get to the island. It takes 15 minutes on the boat as I've remember, and you should do it in the morning since the lake's waves are rough in the afternoon. Then you can rent a horse to climb the mountain, or you walk. Once you get to the top of the mountain you'll see the view of the erupted Volcano with sulfide water in it and that you cannot drink the water. You also see the tiny inner island but since the water is poisoned, there is no boat to go to the inner island. 

The horseback riding is very risky yet challenging. I guarantee you'll love it and it's way better than Boracay horseback riding. On the lake Taal are also water activities, jetski and windsurfing and I think there were more. I couldn't try either of those water activity when I visited Tagaytay because there was a professional windsurfing competition and water activities were closed. But for sure everything is there and working when it is summer. So I hope that you take a visit and look around the island ... :)






No comments:

Post a Comment