Monday, June 27, 2016

Tacloban college vs. Salcedo college

My boarding house in Tacloban
If I compare my student life back from 3 years ago to now, I can see lots of differences. 3 years ago, I started to study in Salcedo, but never completed because of typhoon Yolanda. In ESSU Salcedo, you could not use internet. The signal was very poor. You coudn't even send phone text messages sometimes. Boarding houses were made by woods. As I can remember, the boarding house I had rented back then is very peaceful and quiet, but it had big trees around, kind of scary at night. All you could see is darkness with bird noises at night. They had no running water in the rooms. But when it came to teaching, I loved it there because teachers taught their students very well. However, you had to be careful with snakes, even in the school building. One time a student got bitten off by a snake. Good thing she got treated immediately and she survived from the snake bite. But you would learn well without paying high tuition fees.

So compare to before, the school I am in now is quite alright. It has air-conditioned rooms and good internet connection. This school is private. I guess I will never be bored at this school. But I hate the fact that so many teachers are not yet available, even though it is 2 weeks already in the semester. I think they should be more eager doing their job. Hope it changes by July.

The boarding house I rent right now is more advanced. Luckily I don't have to fetch water because there's faucet. The floor is all tiles. And Internet works fine, but sometimes it can be very slow. Well, I have no complaints, as long as the internet is working even if it's a bit slow. So these are the difference between studying in city and province.

No comments:

Post a Comment