Thursday, June 23, 2016

Grandparent's life

I think back when my grandparents were young, studying wasn't really important to them. They learned the basics from life, but maybe not the details of math or of economy. Some grandparents that I know don't really know how to calculate with money. Maybe it is just because they are old.

My grandma is still relatively fit for her age between 85 and 90, she can still walk but she's old. I remember she came by the road and waited for a fish vendor to stop so she can buy fish. I saw her talking to the vendor, I came near her and observed what she'd do next. She asked for a kilo of fish and the vendor handed it to her. She tried to pay, but when I looked, I saw she handed only 2 cents to the vendor. Oh my god, grandma that's not the right amount. I tried to explain to her that the fish costs 90 Peso. She kept complaining that it was too much, but I helped her to pay the exact amount. I told to my grandma that 2 cents has no value anymore. I don't know, maybe 50 years ago, it was enough for the price of fish, but not anymore today. That's what going to happen if you let your old granny buy foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment