Thursday, September 15, 2016

McArthur Landing Site

Yesterday was my vacant day. I and my friends had decided to visit the McArthur landing site which is located in Palo, Leyte. It was my first time to see the statue of general Douglas McArthur and the other five statues including Sergio Osmena, who happened to be the President of the Philippines at that time. Their sculptures looked pretty amazing, I love how it's made. Glad it wasn't damaged by the typhoon Haiyan.

To those who haven't been there and have a thing to history, I recommend you to visit the place. Good for picture taking as souvenir. The place is good for picnic too, but the surrounding is not as good as it was before. The seawall has been ruined and too many dry leaves falling from the trees. And don't assume there is a resto around because you'll only be disappointed. As I said the place is only good for picture taking.


No comments:

Post a Comment