Sunday, April 24, 2016

Uncomfortable moment at the airport

April 19: When I was at the airport for travelling back to my hometown from Manila, there was a scary moment. I was so nervous thinking that my luggage might weight more than 20kg, which is the maximum allowed on my ticket. And I wasn't mistaken with my guts because all in my luggage weighted up to 33kg. I paid 6kg excess baggage and I brought the remaining 7kg as carry-on luggage up on the plane so that it won't cost me any more money. Glad there is always free 7kg carry-on luggage. The thing that made me so nervous was not having enough money for travelling. My pocket money left was only 3000 Peso which could have been enough for the trip only if I don't need to pay for the excess baggage. But I had to pay 2160 Peso for the excess baggage. Lesson learned! Excess baggage is much more expensive than prebooked baggage. If I had prebooked, the 30kg would cost only 500 Peso. Next time when taking an airplane, it is better to overestimate the weight of the baggage when you booked in a Travel agency, because when you underestimate the weight, you need to pay hefty fees at the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment