Saturday, April 16, 2016

College Search

I stopped college due to financial problems years ago. Now I want to go to college again next semester, but it is not easy for me to find the right college and the right course. I have been searching through Google but it seems that is not helpful. It doesn't give me enough answers. Many colleges in the Philippines have no website at all, and if they have one, then the website is poorly managed or is only directed towards investors, not towards students. I even sent messages to at least two colleges in Tacloban but until now I haven't received any reply from them. Hence, finding the right college is kind of stressful since it is one of the very important decisions in life. Well, I'm not complaining about it. I'm just explaining how searching a college works in the Philippines, and it is hard especially when you're far away from the place you're going to study. I decided to visit Tacloban to search on location for the right college, and I hope this is easier.

College is expected to be hard anyway, and there is never anything easy in this world. So searching the college is only the first step, and I will not give up on that. Everything is stressful in the Philippines! You need to secure the financials for the college, you need to choose the right college and the right course, you need to find a place to sleep near the college, and then you need to get good grades in topics that may not be your favorite, such as mathematics. Every course has mathematics, even if you job later has absolutely nothing to do with mathematics.

Sometimes you need to think first if the move you're about to make would either be worth it or not so that you know what to expect and not. College is stressful but if you really want to study first you have to try and do what's required and needed you to do. If you do it step by step, in small steps, then you might succeed. That's what I intend to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment