Thursday, November 12, 2015

Grandparents' village

I remember my grandparents' life as quite simple but fun, in a small village with just 2 or at most 3 faucets placed in the whole village. Those faucets were only used for drinking water while they have a river for everyone to do their laundry. It's a short walk to the river, but if you were too lazy for the walk, you had to use the well and fetch water from there in order to wash your dirty clothes in front of the house. That was still tiring, but that's what I did. I was lucky that my grandparents had their own well next to their house.

All the houses in my grandparents' village were almost the same sizes, unlike in my father's hometown where there were lots of tiny and huge houses . My father's house is similar to my grandparent's house: small and made from wood, very similar. But if I had to decide whether to live in Hernani (my father's town) or in Las Navas (grandparents' town), my vote would probably go to Hernani because it's way better than Las Navas in all aspects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment