Tuesday, May 31, 2016

My Brother's Birthday

Recently was my brother's birthday. He just turned 21, that means he was a debutant. The Philippines debut ceremony indicates when a young person reached maturity, which is age 18 for girls and age 21 for boys. Unfortunately, there was no ceremony for my brother on his special day. But at least he experienced being inside the cinema and got to watch the X-Men Apocalypse movie. I think he liked it, and it was the first time that he enjoyed a real movie theater. I treat him for lunch after the movie. Then I showed him the Robinson Mall since it's his first time to be there. Being a province person, he usually didn't care much about the city life, but I always wanted my brothers to experience something that does not exist in our hometown, to let them feel what it is like being in the city.

After I showed him around the mall, I decided to take him to the terminal so that he can go back home to the province. When we reached the terminal and I was ready to leave, he said: "Big sister, thank you for everything you did for me" and then he smiled. I told him not to worry about anything and that I did it because he is my brother and I smiled at him. Then I left and he went back home. It feels good being able to spend times with family in the city once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment